Sunday, March 1, 2009

First recipes and some tips for healthy eating

I have posted my first recipe sharings. I hope that you try them and like them. Eating gluten free is a lot of trouble but you do get used to it. I wouldn't have served my first recipes to anyone other than someone who is gluten free. Now, I never make gluten containing foods.

One of the problems with gluten free substitutions is that the foods can be low in nutrients and high in processed flours. I am a registered nurse who has been cooking and eating healthy for many years. When I started eating the kind of gluten free foods that are most commonly in stores, I got a whole new set of health problems. The idea is to eat healthy and gluten free; to nourish your body. Oh, and of course the food should be delicious. Concentrate on vegetables and whole grains that are gluten free. Add fiber and nuts and fruit whenever possible. Avoid trans fats and high fructose corn syrup at all costs. You may want to look at Dr. Andrew Weil's website for more information on healthy eating. It is www.drweil.com. There are other sites to get information as well but I like Dr. Weil's advice.

More recipes and tips to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment